Powered By Blogger

Saturday 16 April 2011

TECHIE OR NOT ( hi technology )

Choosing a mobile phone and a laptop was never a bother to me since I am not the "techie" type of person. iPhones and Macbooks never seemed to tickle my fancy. Majority of my mobile phones and my one and only laptop, are hand-me-downs from my older sister (who happens to be the "techie" one). Nonetheless, being an online English tutor has prompted me to be concerned with the gadgets I am using. Being able to have classes even during a brownout, typhoon, tsunami, or earthquake must be a major option to accomplish tasks for a job that hardly ever allows you to be absent. The question as to whether a mobile phone can be installed with Skype messenger, tops the list of questions I ask; whenever I make inquiries regarding its’ specifications. Laptops or netbooks are good but most batteries don’t last way too long; and I shall need a back-up in case it drains in the middle of my class. And this only means: I need to have both gadgets badly! Whew! I need a gadget with good quality but fairly affordable price. Quality wise, an iPhone can be a very good option (it has Skype which I can use for my classes!!), but its’ cost is way too high for my budget. Androids are good too. But finding the perfect Android can be a real headache. And I never thought there were issues about “laptops vs. netbooks” that needs to be taken into consideration when buying one. And so the journey in finding the best yet affordable gadgets continue. Anyone of you there might have good suggestions. I really need help on this dilemma.

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software

No comments:

Post a Comment