Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 April 2011

Some of My Ever Reliable (daily-use) Cosmetic Items

Instead of talking about being positive, I felt a sudden urge to talk about some of the cosmetics I like to use every single day. Not that I am vain or whatsoever, but there imperfections I need to hide just so I can feel comfortable with how I look no matter where these feet of mine would take me. ;) A few years ago I breakouts on my face, say acne vulgaris and stuff...yes! I used to have lots of 'em. I had to see a dermatologist on a weekly basis just to have it treated. I never really had sensitive skin, but I guess the problem had a lot to do with genes. Sadly, most of us in the family be it from the maternal or paternal side, suffered from pimples/acne. And after all the expensive treatments I had, I became more cautious of the cosmetics I use. When I was single, I splurged and thrived on VMV cosmetics. It was the most affordable hypoallergenic brand of cosmetics back then. I sticked to everything hypoallergenic for fear of having breakouts again. Until such time, that investing on cosmetics seemed extremely expensive for me that I had to find other brands that were affordable yet non-harsh to the skin. Finding the perfect brand of make-up was a tough trial-and-error experience for me. In a way I was fortunate though because I had a sister who works in UK and she sent me a Natural Collection Loose Powder in neutral translucent shade. It comes in a traditional jar with a sifter. When I applied it to my face (using a powder brush), it was very mild to the skin and caused NOT a single blemish or a rash. It gave a natural matte finish and oil free look. And this product only costs £1.99!! (at any Boots Pharmacy or outlet). And with that, I also bid goodbye to costly pressed powders!



*This is the actual item that I am using.*


Primers and foundations were never in mind whenever I bought cosmetics. Although I have tried using Ellana brand of mineral foundation and it's results were satisfying, I opted to look for something new.. something that can be like a tinted moisturizer and concealer all rolled into one product. Then I came across a local brand: Splash SkinWhite 3-in-1 Power White Face Cream Powder. I was not into facial whitening products but I was so curious with how the product works after hearing good feedbacks from a co-online teacher of mine. This product comes in a form of a cream but once applied to the skin it transforms into powder, you can actually feel it as you apply it evenly with your fingertips. The result was amazing. It gave the coverage I wanted to achieve, and indeed there was no need for a concealer to hide unsightly dark under-eye circles plus it acted a facial moisturizer that's got SPF 15 sunscreen protection! Now that is one hell of a totally amazing product there! Talk about light make-up and not getting that powdery effect on your face, you guys gotta try it. Also feels like using a BB cream. If you'd ask me about side effects, I'd say none; it never made me itch with a rash or freak-out due to a breakout. It also gives the much preferred matte finish, that erases the oily or shine free look plus it lasts the whole day, unless of course if you're bathed in sweat, LOL. Seriously, this product is also highly recommended by yours truly. Why crave and splurge on "uber" expensive cosmetics when you can have cheap finds like this one, only 19.00 PhP for a single sachet trial pack. Aside from it's super affordable price , this product is proudly Filipino-made! Let's start patronizing our very own products. ;-)




*Mine, I decided to put the SkinWhite PW face powder cream in my beloved Hello Kitty jar.*




Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software

No comments:

Post a Comment