Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Dholna - Music Video - Pyar Ke Geet - Arbaaz Khan & Malaika Arora




This is one of my favorite Indian songs (Dholna)

Being partly Indian has driven me to know more about my roots, my bloodline and history. It was actually no joke growing up and everyone calling you names like sibuyas (onion) bombay or tatoo girl or the mole (referring to the bindi I had worn on my forehead for 18 long grueling years (it seemed like forever). Being "partly-alien" in this country was no joke. People not only call you names but even make you the star dummy in their sensational gossips. It was some how a bad experience, but not until I turned from a piglet to a pig and then transformed into a swan (that was on for a few years though, haha.). Yes, you get praised for looking good but that doesn't stop people from making fun of your roots! Thank God for more "transformations" brought out as we age, I now look less of an Indian like I used to. Nonetheless, that doesn't stop me from embracing the fact that I AM PARTLY ALIEN... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment